Friday, February 1, 2013

Sun! Glorious Sun!

Wow! I have really been suffering from the winter blues, and I didn't realize how much till the sun came out today and made me gloriously happy. It was a whopping 40 degrees where I am and with as bad as it has been lately, it felt like summer.

I lived in Southern California for 11yrs before moving back to my home town in the Rocky Mountain region a little over a year ago and boy has it been rough. I went from 70 degrees pretty much year round to winter four months out of the year. For someone who has a tendency to get depressed, post-Christmas snow and cold is detrimental. Pre-Christmas snow is delightful, heart warming, and festive but now when it snows YET AGAIN I want to cry, and as I slide around on the roads I curse this place and long for the beach.

My husband on the other hand still thinks it's beautiful and he rides a bike to school every day! That's right, snowing? Rides his bike. 7 degrees? Riding his bike. Roads covered in a sheet of ice? STILL RIDING! He doesn't want to spend money for a campus parking pass which doesn't hurt my feelings any, but really? Rides his bike everyday and sad that the snow is melting? This should tell you a bit about my husband. He loves the outdoors, is eternally up beat, and... he's crazy. You sure as heck won't catch me praying for snow. Thank you Mother Nature for the sunshine today. I know it won't last seeing as how it's only the first of February but today was lovely and I'll take what I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment